Tuesday, October 28, 2008

34 weeks!



I had another doctor's appt on Monday and it went fine. I was supposed to have a non-stress test (basically the put me on the monitor for 20-30 minutes and watch his heart rate changes), which I have twice a week. The baby slept through the first 10 minutes, although he had been moving all night long! They have this buzzer thing that wakes them up and once they used it, he was wild and they couldn't even keep him on the monitor. So I ended up having my third ultrasound in 3 days, but his movement was fine on that. It was actually pretty funny because I could watch him kicking his legs from the inside and you could see it on the outside!



The high risk OB doctors are going to see me back at 37 weeks (nov 13th) to redo the growth scans. Between now and then I will continue to have the non-stress tests and BPP (an ultrasound movment test) twice a week. Otherwise I'll just have to remain parked at home .

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that I seriously work with the best friends in the world! Residency is a job like no other, and everyone has been so great!!! People have been working extra to cover me being out, threw me an awesome shower, and have been bringing food. It is incredible!!

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I'm happy to hear it's going well. How exciting!!

Julie and Chris said...

I am glad things are going well. I know that it is hard being on bed rest, but the result will all be worth it. Enjoy this quiet time and read a great book! Be looking for something in the mail from us...I am going to mail it tomorrow!

Hang in there!