Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Hilton Head Vacation

I'm going to post some pictures, but there are a lot more on my flickr photostream . So run over there and you can see lots of pics from our trip.

Anyway, we had been planning this trip for a while...the last "vacation" Patrick and I have taken was a little trip down to St. Simons when I was 5 weeks pregnant with C. Let me tell you, I was SICK already and it was cold and rainy. Still nice to get away, but I have been in NEED of some beach time. We did go to a conference in Myrtle Beach 2 summers ago, but to me a vacation isn't getting up at 6 to attend lectures all morning. NO!!!

So, we randomly picked Hilton Head Island and found a condo and had faith that it would be great, and it was!!! We used VRBO to rent our 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. It was incredible.

This is our view from the living room:
may 099
It is a little blurry, but yeah, PERFECT view of the beach.

The kitchen was great, had everything we needed. Connor had his own bedroom and bathroom so we had plenty of room to spread out. The balcony was perfect and we ate almost every meal out there. We rented a condo in Palmetto Dunes, and will certainly be back there. Message me for more details.

Connor's first walk on the beach:
may 022

He loved playing in the sand:
may 029

and the surf...
may 062

Isn't this the sweetest???
may 061

One night we actually met up for dinner with a couple of my residency friends and their spouses and we learned something...Connor loves corn on the cob!!!!
may 046

We did a lot of eating in HHI, as evidenced by this photo:
may 050

This was Connor's breakfast at Stacks Pancake House, but he didn't eat it all :)

Our best beach photo- it was sunny!
may 069


Connor was a good napper every afternoon which led to a lot of this:
may 115

Anyway, it was a great trip, and we can't wait to go back!!!!!
may 127

No comments: