Monday, April 30, 2007

wedding cake!

So on my little mini-trip to my parents' house this weekend, i picked up the top of our wedding cake. Even though it was frozen hard as a rock and i had it in a cooler, it was mostly defrosted by the time I got home....so we went ahead and celebrated our anniversary 2 weeks early!!!!!

Most of the swirls survived........almost as pretty as on our wedding day...... And I'm using this cake stand for the first time ever....



Practicing the first cut.........


Actually slicing into it.....the holes are from the flowers that were on top...fortunately those didn't go in the freezer with the cake...


Mmmm....chocolate on the inside....


YUM!!!!! It was seriously as good as it was on our wedding day, and that's saying a lot...it was the best cake I've ever had! Our cake lady was amazing!

No comments: