Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Morning Pancakes!

I posted the recipe below from this cookbook...I highly recommend it!
We got this new griddle from Patrick's grandparents for Christmas and we've already used it twice! It is awesome!!! This morning I made cottage cheese pancakes...I know it sounds weird, but they're really yummy and I can eat a lot for a low amount of calories- two things that I always look for in food! Trust me, they're really good, and Patrick agrees!

Almost ready.......



Yum!
(This is Patrick's Plate....he insists on buttering each one individually...)



For you health-junkies like me ....here's the recipe:


1/2 cup cottage cheese (I use fat free, but I am sure any will work)

2TBSP egg beaters


Blend in a large bowl w/ a mixer till smooth

then add:


1/4 cup flour

1/3 cup milk


Again, blend until smooth.

In a separate bowl, beat 3 egg whites with an electric mixer till fluffy and they start to form soft peaks. Fold into the flour mixture. Let set 5 minutes.


Drop onto hot griddle, I usually make them 1/4 cup each..they do not spread out much. Flip after about 2 minutes...Cook till brown on both sides.


For the WHOLE recipe: approx 300 calories, 1 gram of fat, 36 grams of protein, 0 grams fiber. Serves one to three people depending how hungry you are!!


No comments: