Saturday, December 18, 2010

Starting to look a lot like Christmas!

I realized that I haven't posted any pictures of the holiday decorating yet!- We put up the outdoors stuff a couple of weekends ago. We have a mini tree with lights upstairs in the bonus room window, lighted garland around the front door and wreaths on the windows that light up at night. I think every year we'll probably do a little bit more. Last year we barely decorated outside. I think we were too used to being in an apartment.

This isn't a great pic because all the lights are blurry- but the sky looks neat :)

at night

Garland around the front door- I think i'm going to look for some more after Christmas on clearance to make it thicker next year.

front door
(just realized we still have our pumpkins out there, haha)


The rosemary bush- i call it my "charlie brown tree" but I think it looks good with lights.
my charlie brown tree

I found this cute flag at Hobby Lobby, but sadly it blew away in a tornado storm (seriously). :(
mailbox


Our countertop nativity- please excuse any mess in the background-
'manger

Fireplace/mantle with stockings.
The reindeer are our stocking holders, but somebody is nosy, so we put them lower this year.
mantle/stockings.

I have to brag about these little trees- I got them both for 12 dollars! I got a printable coupon at CVS for 10 off any of the 29.99 boxed pre-lit trees. So these were 29.99 for the 2pack, but they were on sale for 22. Then I got 10 off that - so 12 dollars for both of them! Next year we'll probably put them on the front porch, but since I didn't want to reconfigure the cords out there , I just put them in the entryway.
entryway w/ my 12 dollar CVS deal!


Connor's mini tree in his room
Connor's mini tree

Finally got some presents under the tree!
finally got some presents under this thing!

No comments: